General Surgery includes a wide range of procedures usually performed in the hospital. Many procedures can be performed without the need for an overnight stay in the hospital. Some of the more common procedures are:
Board Certified General Surgery including (but not limited to):
- Breast Biopsies for breast disease — We have the ability to perform minimally invasive breast biopsies in the office.
- Breast Surgery for cancer — including breast conserving lumpectomies and mastectomies
- Colon Surgery for cancer — infection and diverticulitis
- Gallbladder Surgery for gallbladder disease (Cholecystectomy)
- Hernia Repairs — Inguinal, ventral, incisional, diaphragmapic, umbilical, complex hernia repairs, component separation technique
- LAP Band Surgery — minimally invasive FDA approved procedure for weight loss
- Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal Hernia Repair — performed for gastroesphageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Laparoscopic Minimally Invasive Surgery — for surgery of the gallbladder, appendix, hernia and the colon
- Sentinel Node Biopsy for breast cancer and melanoma
- Soft Tissue Tumors and Skin Malignancies such as melanomas
- Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery for benign and malignant diseases